Breaking news in the history of Fashion




For the first time in it's 90 years of existence, Chanel asked a male as the new face for their most famous fragrance ever. That's right, as announced yesterday, Brad Pitt is the new face of Chanel No. 5.

Of course Chanel No. 5 is the worlds most popular female perfume. It was Gabriele Chanel's first fragrance when she brought it on the market in 1921. It is said that every single second, a bottle of No. 5 is sold somewhere around the globe.
Now for those of you, who aren't familiar with the tradition. Every five years, Chanel selects a model, actress or icon to be the new face of Chanel No. 5. This person is shown in a short film, often no longer than 5 minutes, used as a tv commercial for the perfume. People like Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Tautou (my idol!) got the honor of representing this icon. Yesterday the announced the newest face to represent the perfume for the next five years. As of this summer Brad Pitt is Chanel No. 5
Now I know, it may sound strange, a man being the new face of a women's perfume, but untill I'll see that first commercial, I will not judge about it. First of all it is, of course, an amazing stunt they pulled of. I think no one had ever been so revolutionary, and, yet while thinking of it, it is such a simple idea to come up with. And personally I must say I love the idea of a man playing the lead-role in the most famous commercial of all times. It's only that I feel so sorry for  Angelina Jolie, thinking of the fact that they chose her husband above her. I now she's got plastic surgery written all over her but you can't deny her beauty...
When I was nine, about eight years ago, Nicole Kidman was the face of Chanel No. 5. I recall the moment when I was watching the commercial below on tv, thinking it was an actual movie trailer. At that time, I was not into fashion at all, but I distinctly remember myself wanting to go and see that movie. The woman, her dress, the soft voice, the romance, it all looked like a fairytale and it touched me.
She will always remain my personal definition of beauty.
You've got some big shoes to fill, Brad...


Simply Style By Aldo is on: